Ingredients: whole grain wheat, soyabean oil, salt, IL#D5066
The IL# D5066 was a stumper so I went and asked that fricking know-it-all called Google what it was. In this case Google was about as enlightening as a burnt out bulb, so I went to the source. I emailed the Triscuit people. A couple of days later, I got this response:
Thank you for contacting me about Triscuits.
The code (e.g. A165D) at the end of the ingredient line is not an ingredient but an internal label tracking number. That way we can tell more precisely what formula version it is.
Thank you for contacting us and please add our site to your favourites and visit us again soon!
Kim McMiller
Associate Director, Consumer Relations
Now isn't that special. As it turns out, according to this official email, they have different versions of the formula of making Triscuits. What immediately springs to mind, is that I wonder if I have the best version. Or why do they need different formula versions. Is one version less wheatier and more oilier?
Anyway, this didn't satisfy the Lovely One, so I sent back an email asking if perhaps the inner packaging was coated with preservative stuff like ButylatedHydroxylToluene (BHT) which is put in foods and embalming fluid. So far, there has been no response to my query. This leads me to wonder if the packaging is coated with embalming fluid. One never knows, especially if the box was made in China.
No comments:
Post a Comment